Monday, January 30, 2012

One Sunday With Coffee & Rain

Sunday in Monsoon is dark

intense

present, not past

or future tense,

Window Shows Grey Green.

And Headphones with Ed Sheeran.

Living in this speck

of time

drinking coffee

writing rhyme,



I hear a knock

on my brain

weather girl says

chance of rain,

You come in

pour a mug

sit down and give

my heart a tug,



You tell me where

you have been,

if you would go

there, again,

You twist your finger

in your hair,

with your famous

mile-long stare,



We’re so different

so much alike,

riding on

a tandem bike,

But one with

two handlebars,

just a foot

from speeding cars,



You drink my coffee

morning space,

pretend we not

in a race,

The morning clock

stuck at six,

perhaps something


we can fix …...!

No comments:

Post a Comment